- Malnutrition. If an individual has an adequate intake of essential nutrients for optimum hair growth, it could affect the development of hair follicles.
- Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy. Both therapies could disrupt the development of hair follicles and may further result in hair loss.
- Pregnancy. Women naturally shed more hair during and after pregnancy because of the sudden surge of hormones that have a direct impact on the development of hair.
- Heredity. Individuals whose father had a receding hairline have more chance of getting bald as compared to the sons of people who have no hair loss problems.
- Stress. Too much stress could cause hormonal imbalance and later lead to hair loss.
Generally, hair growth is the same for all genders. Most people say that men’s hair grows faster than women’s hair. This is entirely not true. Hair grows at approximately ½ inch per month.
Generally, women have longer hair than men. Based on that premise, you can compare the hair growth of a ½ inch to a 20 inches long hair for women and a growth of ½ inch to a one-inch length of hair for men. The growth of a ½ inch to a 20 inches long hair is barely noticeable.
If There’s No Difference in Hair Growth Among Males and Females, How Do I Prevent Hair Loss?
Hair loss could be due to many factors. You could think of a strategy to prevent or delay its progression by determining the main cause of your hair loss. There are cases of temporary hair loss, such as those brought about by malnourishment, stress, and pregnancy. It’s highly advised that you should have a balanced diet and adequate sleep. For those predisposed genetically to have hair loss, like male/female pattern balding, you can only suspend its onset. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything about it. There are over the counter drugs that can help alleviate the effects of hair loss like Rogaine (minoxidil). But, the effects of these drugs are temporary or would take a long time before it results.
If you want a permanent solution to your hair loss problem, a hair transplant would be the perfect choice for you. Doctors and experts in the field of hair transplant surgery have gone better and more specialized as compared to the previous decades. Our centre prides itself with knowledgeable, experienced and well-qualified doctors and surgeons to cater to your hair transplant needs. Contact us to know more about the best solution our experts could provide for you.