Anaemia due to iron deficiency, hormonal imbalances, a stressful life, pregnancy, breastfeeding period, menopause process, birth control pill may cause hair loss increases in women. Other factors that affect hair loss are:
- Low or post-abortion,
- Using the birth control pill,
- Hormone therapy.
Hair loss after childbirth is a common problem. The reason for this is that the high level of estrogen hormone decreases to the average level after birth. During pregnancy, the hair stays predominantly in the growth phase due to the rise of the hormone estrogen. Very few hairs experience the shedding phase, which is the normal cycle.
The hair that does not shed during pregnancy is renewed naturally between 2-6 months after birth. Therefore, under normal conditions, this is a temporary hair loss, and there is no permanent hair loss. However, it should not be forgotten that the post-pregnancy period is also physically challenging. Activities such as insomnia and breastfeeding force the body structure because they consume much energy. Also, when stress arises, the process becomes more difficult and can be prolonged.
Treatment of Hair Loss after Pregnancy
During this period, extreme care is more important. In addition, scalp health plays a vital role in the healthy cycle of the hair after baby. It is also essential to wash the hair daily and use quality brand shampoos.
There are some precautions to prevent hair loss after childbirth. A wrong move can cause your hair to fall out more. However, you can circumvent this process most harmlessly with the precautions you take. Here are a few of these measures.
- Your hair is experiencing its most sensitive periods. So please keep it away from chemicals. Do not use styling gels, sprays or creams.
- The electronic tools you use to style your hair may have an adverse effect on your hair. Since your hair follicles are very sensitive, applications such as straightening, tongs and perms can cause your hair to shed more.
- Be sure to pay attention to your diet during this period. Take advantage of plenty of omega-3 and fat-rich foods. Be sure to eat dry fruits and drink water regularly. This stability will make it easier for you to get healthy hair.
- The right shampoo is essential in this period. Biotin is famous for feeding hair. Therefore, try to choose a shampoo that contains biotin.
Sometimes, you may experience permanent hair loss after childbirth due to various problems and deficiencies. In this case, hair transplant is the best option to regain your healthy hair.
In practice, the hair follicles usually taken from the neck are used for the operation. The treatment takes place in a few hours, depending on the amount of hair loss. In hair transplantation processes; FUE or DHI methods that do not leave marks are successfully applied.