However, there are several phases of having a hair cut. Mostly, there are four main stages, in which you must be careful about some particular things.
One Month After Transplant: Correction
It is possible to trim the hair with scissors approximately one week after the operation as it shows signs of recovery about three days after the procedure. However, the first month after hair transplantation is not the ideal time for haircuts. You can choose to postpone your haircut if possible, to avoid simple but risky situations.
Two Months After Transplant: Scissor Cut
Since the skin and scalp pimples from the scalp surgery have not yet passed, buzz cutting and shaving may damage the planting area.
You should avoid harsh interventions. You should only cut the ends before entering the hair follicles. It is possible to shorten and to style the hair with scissors in this process.
Three Months After Transplant: Buzz Cut
After three months of hair transplantation, the hair is now suitable for a buzz cut. Because during this period, the hair reaches a certain level. Since cutting too close to the scalp can cause infection on the newly healed scalp, the minimum length of cut should not be below 3 mm.
Six Months After Transplant: Razor Cut, Buzz Cut
By the 6th month after hair transplantation, the hair is completely suitable for cutting with a razor. After six months, the hair obtained a natural form. In fact, for the first time after hair transplantation, the hair has reached the desired shape.
You should buzz cut your hair easily. Hair roots have become suitable for this process. After the 6th month, you can now shape your hair as you wish without damaging your newly planted hair follicles.
Things to consider when cutting the hair
After a certain period of time, you can cut your hair. However, you should take some points into consideration while cutting or shaving the hair.
- Tools for shaving after hair transplant should be clean not to cause any infection.
- You can get information about the stages from your doctor for the hair cut application after the hair transplant.
- Tell your hairdresser about your hair transplantation. You should inform him in order to prevent the graft losses.
- In order not to cause any problems, you should not rush to cut your hair after the operation.
- There is no proven benefit in shaving or buzz, cutting newly transplanted hair after hair transplant.
- Do not use someone else’s scissors and comb.
- Hair follicle massage accelerates the nutrition of your hair by providing blood to the hair follicles. You can massage the scalp with soft movements.
- Only use your razor for shaving.
In order to avoid damaging the newly transplanted hair follicles, the cutting with scissors is more convenient depending on the rate of hair growth. In this context, the first two months are crucial for a haircut the process.