- Congenital hives due to genetic predisposition
- Rare beard problem
- A gap in the beard area due to burns or cuts
- Permanent beard loss
- A need for beard-shaping
Beard transplant application is made with the FUE technique, just like other hair transplant applications. This application, which has no side effects, can be applied to patients of all ages.
There may be beard loss on the face, and the beard may not grow because of various problems. Beard transplant operations last about two to three hours. It is a microsurgery that can be performed to anyone with a good health condition. Since the patient will be under local anaesthesia, he will feel nothing during the procedure.
The person who decides to opt for this option should first have an examination and find out the reason for beard loss. While beard formation starts with puberty in some men, in some men it may begin in older ages. Besides, the sufficiency of the donor area is also very important for this process. The back of the neck is a good option for the donor area.
Before Beard Transplant
It is recommended to perform a beard analysis to check suitability for transplantation. Please do not cut your beard before the beard analysis as it is crucial for the doctor to see your natural beard angles. This analysis includes the grafts for transplant, the donor area, and the degree of loss. After the examination, the operation can start. There are some considerations before the beard transplant.
- Beard transplant is a very sensitive operation since the target area is the face.
- Inform your doctor about the medication you use.
- On the day of the operation, choose loose clothes.
- If possible, try to quit or reduce smoking a few days before the operation. Alcohol consumption also has a blood-thinning effect.
- Before the operation, a blood test is necessary, including various tests and examinations. This process lasts about half an hour.
- If the hair follicles in your neck area are inadequate, other parts of the body can be donor areas.
- It is an operation that takes approximately two to three hours, depending on the number of grafts.
- Just like a hair transplant, the patient does not need to stay in the centre after the operation. You can go back to your place immediately after the surgery.
This is a procedure that requires knowledge, experience, and care. Therefore, choose a professional centre with experienced staff. Here at esteGrande, we provide our patients with the latest techniques in a sterile environment. Our surgeons work meticulously for every hair transplant operation, including a beard transplant. Contact us for more information.