Tips and Bits of Advice for Hair Transplants
A hair transplant operation is an easy, quick, and affordable way to get your permanently lost hair.
There are key elements that you need to be careful about before and after the hair transplant surgery. If you are thinking to get your voluminous, beautiful hair back via hair transplant, this article is for you.
Before the Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair transplant surgery is safe, and the recovery time is really short. However, as in every medical procedure, there are few instructions that you need to follow prior to the operation.
- If you are using blood thinners, you should stop using them two weeks prior to the hair transplant surgery. Also, if you’re taking beta-blockers propranolol, you should notify your doctor. These medications may affect the result.
- You shouldn’t cut your hair before the surgery. The doctors will ask to see them again just before the operation, and they will cut it themselves if needed.
- Arrange someone to come with you on the day of the hair transplant procedure. Even if the hair transplant operation is a straightforward process, you will still need someone to drive you home at least.
- Avoid taking vitamin B and E right before surgery since they may increase bleeding.
- You should stop smoking as soon as possible. Smoking will affect the healing process as it increases the carbon monoxide levels in your blood. Also, alcohol consumption would be a bad idea prior to the surgery.
On the Day of the Surgery
There are a few things you must consider throughout the day of surgery. The primary ones of them are:
- Try to relax on the day of the surgery, and avoid any difficult task.
- Do not wear cologne or perfume, and do not drink coffee that morning.
- You should wear loose clothes, so it is easy to take them off.
- And last but not least, you should eat something prior to the operation since it may take four to six hours.
When you bear in mind all of them, with the consultancy of your doctor, it will be a smooth and hassle-free process for you.
After the Hair Transplant Surgery
Recovery time is as important as the operation itself. The first and the best thing you need to do is to follow your doctor’s instructions strictly. There are also other easy steps that you can follow to make the recovery process easier.
- You should sleep with two or three pillows and your head elevated. Thus, you won’t be putting too much pressure on newly implanted hair.
- Wait for forty-eight hours to wash your hair after the operation. When you wash your hair, you should also be as gentle as possible.
- You should avoid any hard work or exercise for two weeks after the operation.
After the hair transplant surgery, it takes about six or seven months to see the final results. Within that time frame, all you need to do is to be careful every single thing that your doctor tells you to do. And of course, wait for the wonderful outcome patiently. esteGrande Instagram