What Are the Benefits of Aloe Vera for the Hair?
Thanks to its moisturizing properties and nutritious vitamins, aloe vera has gained popularity as a treatment for dry hair and skin. Research has also shown that aloe vera is useful for treating and maintaining healthy hair.
Benefits of Using Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a famous plant in the world in terms of both nutritional value and medical and cosmetic applications. Here you can find a list of benefits of using aloe vera for hair.
- It contains proteolytic enzymes to heal and repair the cells in the scalp. It improves follicle health and indirectly increases hair growth.
- Aloe vera prevents hair loss and controls hair loss by keeping your hair thick and dense.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe your hair from irritation and redness.
- It also has antifungal and antiviral properties that reduce dandruff.
- Thanks to its high protein, vitamin, and mineral content, it nourishes hair follicles.
For hundreds of years, its natural essence has been used to improve health and beautify skin and hair as it has high amounts of water, antioxidants, and essential minerals.
How to Get Fresh Aloe Vera?
Aloe vera gel is a thick, sticky liquid in the pointed leaves of the plant by the same name. To reach the gel inside the plant, use the following steps:
- Find a mature plant, as older plants may contain higher levels of aloin and aloesin.
- Remove a few thick leaves from the plant by using scissors. They should be green with consistent colouring.
- Wash and dry the leaves you cut.
- Cut the prickly parts on the edges of the leaves.
- Use a knife or your fingers to remove the inner gel. This gel is what you will apply to your skin.
- You can store the gel in the fridge. Take out and use when necessary.
Aloe vera is the best ingredient your hair can see. It is a useful amino acid and proteolytic enzyme depot that improves scalp health and accelerates hair growth.
Application of Aloe Vera Gel
Whether you are using aloe vera directly from the plant or from a store-bought product, apply only a thin layer to the area of the scalp; you would want to treat several times a day. Moreover, you can use aloe vera to make beauty masks for your hair. Here you can find a recipe below.
Ingredients: Honey, Coconut Oil, and Aloe Vera Mask.
- Five tablespoons aloe vera gel
- Three tablespoons coconut oil
- Two tablespoons honey
In a bowl, combine and mix all ingredients until a smooth mixture is achieved. Begin to apply this mixture by massaging onto the scalp. As the most damaged parts of your hair are the tips, focus there.
When all your hair is covered with a mixture, wear a shower cap and wait for about twenty-five minutes. Then wash your hair with cold water and shampoo. Finish the process with conditioner. You can apply this once a week. esteGrande Instagram