What Hair Loss Treatments Are Available for Women?
The hormone DHT, a derivative of the male hormone testosterone, is one of the main enemies of the hair. Under some circumstances, DHT kills the strands, and so the problem of hair loss occurs. Contrary to common belief, women can also experience this type of loss. There are lots of factors that adversely affect the health of our hair.
Possible Causes of Hair Loss in Women
There are many reasons for female pattern hair loss. However, the following reasons can be considered as the main factor for hair loss.
- Menopause is a challenging process for women. Hair loss increases during this period when the body is experiencing profound hormonal changes.
- Diseases such as thyroid, diabetes, and anaemia can also cause sudden hair loss.
- Hair loss may also increase after a stressful or traumatic event.
- Pregnancy and childbirth have significant effects on the female body. One of these effects is hair loss.
- When the body cannot get the nutrients it needs, it only transmits enough to vital organs such as the heart and brain. In this case, hair loss problems occur.
According to the cause of hair loss, treatment options may vary. Consult your doctor for effective treatments for you.
Treatment of Hair Loss in Women
The most important thing is to find out the underlying causes of hair loss. This is necessary for the right treatment. There are many treatment options for women. Rogaine has a positive effect on women’s hair. Some oral contraceptives and drugs like Aldactone are taken together to prevent hair loss. Here you can find some treatment options for hair loss.
- You can use the hair-care serum every day, which strengthens the root of the hair.
- Clean your hair deeply by using shampoos containing arginine and B5 protein to the clean scalp from dirt and styling products.
- After consulting your doctor, you can use dietary supplements containing biotin.
- To increase blood circulation, you can often massage the scalp gently.
Apart from these treatment options, one of the best options to permanently get rid of hair loss is hair transplant. An increasing number of women have hair transplant operations thanks to advanced technology and reliable centres.
Hair Transplant for Women
Hair transplant does not distinguish gender. In other words, hair transplantation can be performed for women as well. The main factor affecting the success of hair transplant operations is not the gender but the type of hair and hair loss.
Hair transplant operations have reached a new level of excellence in the last decade and have become more comfortable for patients. Sometimes hair transplantation can be intimidating for women. However, it is not necessary to shave the entire hair for the transplant. Therefore, hair transplantation is frequently preferred by women nowadays. At esteGrande, we offer high-quality hair transplant for our women customers from all around the world.